C++ Senior Software Developer:
Edgewater Market is looking for an experienced C++ Senior Software Developer who will be responsible for the growth & maintenance of our proprietary platforms & will be instrumental in delivering technology solutions. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills, proficient in modern C++, & real-time systems programming. You will be working on a mature real-time software stack responsible for most trading operations at Edgewater Markets.
Contribute to all aspects of application development including functional & technical specifications, design, development & production support. Ensure high quality of deliverables while complying with development best practices.
This is a terrific opportunity for a Senior Software Developer who has a strong interest in the financial markets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Demonstrating an ability to analyze complex technical problems, you will be required to make sound technical decisions in a proactive & self-directed manner. With responsibility across all phases of the technology life cycle.
- Systems development on a mature, modern codebase written in C++
- Responsible for the quality of your own code
- Test, evaluate & recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions
- Constantly improving the development life cycle & code quality
- Communicate & collaborate with the research and trading teams to design & deliver innovative & high-quality solutions
- Provide day-to-day support for the applications
Requirements, Skills & Experience
- Must be a true computer scientist & avid software engineer with a passion for self-learning
- Must have 4+ years of relevant industry experience with modern C++
- Must have 2+ year experience with SQL, or a comparable relational database
- Preferred exposure to the CMake build system
- Willingness to learn new technologies & adopt the mindset of an agnostic problem solver based on significant expertise in computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency in Git for code versioning
- Solid understanding of TCP standards & network protocols
- Systems development experience, preferably with real-time systems
- Experience with writing low latency single and concurrent threaded applications
- Understanding of the C++ development life cycle & tooling on RHEL Linux
- Knowledge of Python & Bash for scripting
- Experience with Mongo or NoSQL databases a plus
- Optional exposure to kernel tuning
- Optional exposure to the FIX protocol
- C++/Linux tooling
- Exposure to test-driven development
4+ years professional experience as a Software Developer