Locations: Old Greenwich, CT, USA | Singapore | London
Edgewater Markets is an industry leader in technology-driven trading solutions & execution services to global institutional clients servicing FX, NDFs, Precious Metals and Digital Assets.
We are looking for an experienced Senior C++ Software Developer who will be responsible for the growth & maintenance of our proprietary platforms and will be instrumental in delivering technology solutions. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills, proficient in modern C++ and real-time systems programming. You will be working on a mature real-time software stack responsible for all trading operations at Edgewater Markets.
Contribute to all aspects of application development including functional and technical specifications, design, development and production support. Ensure high quality of deliverables while complying with development best practices.
This is a terrific opportunity for a Senior Software Developer who has a strong interest in the financial markets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Demonstrating an ability to analyze complex technical problems, you will be required to make sound technical decisions in a proactive and self-directed manner, with responsibility across all phases of the technology life cycle.
- Systems development on a mature, modern codebase written in C++
- Responsible for the quality of your own code
- Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions
- Constantly improving the development life cycle and code quality
- Communicate and collaborate with the research and trading teams to design and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions
- Provide day-to-day support for the applications
Requirements, Skills & Experience
- Must be a true computer scientist and avid software engineer with a passion for self-learning
- Must have 4+ years of relevant industry experience with modern C++
- Must have 2+ year experience with SQL, or a comparable relational database
- Preferred exposure to the CMake build system
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adopt the mindset of an agnostic problem solver based on significant expertise in computer science fundamentals
- Proficiency in Git for code versioning
- Solid understanding of TCP/UDP standards and network protocols
- Systems development experience, preferably with real-time systems and/or distributed application
- Experience with writing low latency single and concurrent threaded applications
- Understanding of the C++ development life cycle and tooling on RHEL Linux
- Knowledge of Python and Bash for scripting
- Optional exposure to kernel tuning
- Optional exposure to the FIX protocol
- C++/Linux tooling
- Exposure to test-driven development
- 4+ years professional experience as a Software Developer